Monday 24 September 2007

Entry FORTY-SIX

I'm preparing myself for embroidery. I want to learn per Krisatomic's examples. She makes it look so nice, and very un-granny like.




UNI RESIDENTS Elaine didn't even look at me when she came in class, nor did she wait for me. Do I care? Not really, but because I'm not close to her and I know I have to see her on Thursday for our meeting. And it felt great not having to sit in the cafeteria with her, forcing conversation, and watching her suck up her food. It felt good, like I was free, even though she does not suffocate me. The question is though, why?

Stephen joined us, which was my ticket to avoiding German guy, "Damien". Joey had said, "Jen!" and I looked up to see Stephen walking in to sit n front of me. We talked throughout in bits, being friendly, but he's not his usual happy self (maybe because he's being forced to take classes, and it's not me?). We talked on the way out which helped in two ways: one, gave the purposely delaying German guy a reason to back off, and two, if Elaine saw it was a way for me not to come to her.

The most important aspect of that class Icelandic girl. We were sort of cold to each other, not acknowledging the other until I asked her if it was okay if I opened the window for air. Then she added more, I added, and so forth for fifteen minutes until people really started to come in and join us. It was nice, and easy, and fun. I didn't really listen to her accent, but she's really nice. Why are the good ones always finance or some other unrelated major to mine? At least I have Arthur and Ashnita.

Woke after my nice nap to hear the lullaby- seriously, what are the chances? Bear emailed me and he seems happy and he even gave me a title again, something he hasn't done since I've come home from Canberra.

Why do I put it off? I know it won't say anything bad. Is it fear of what he didn't say or maybe that once it's over, it's over until next time?

{Reading his email: I actually said, "Fuck" at it's length. I was amazed he's written so much- maybe even the most he's ever written? I was smiling, I was very happy. He got deep with his job and roomie situation. He wished me good luck again with my assignments. He even attached a photo of a journal entry he likes (from page 4!) via the link I sent him.


CHANGE If I move back home, I'm not longer the exotic one. My travelling will be behind me, unless I keep it up. But regardless, I will no longer be the Aussie girl, or will I? And recently, I think I want to keep up with the exotic motif by learning Buddhism for good. I want to buy Teach Yourself Buddhism by Clive Erricker and finally have a religion I believe in....and yet I feel like I'm betraying God as a Catholic. It's difficult. Then there's Florida. I want to vacation in Florida for a bit, and maybe even look for a job. Jess wants to come as well. I just feel the need to be free.

IM/Text/Email/Post Somehow I've managed to perfect the typical introduction talks with new students.
1. Is this your first semester?
2. How do you like it?
3. What do you think of the class?
4. Do you live on campus?
5. Have you seen much of Australia yet?

UNI CLASSWORK I went to the library, feeling very scholarly with my Bond tote to hold my books. A nice elderly woman took care of me, and I felt sort of awkward when the nice Chinese man I saw upstairs came down and watched my "Chinese" titled books go under the scanner. Maybe it made his day? Either way, it felt great walking down the steps with all my books and starting to type out my section of the marketing paper.