Thursday 20 September 2007

Entry FORTY-TWO

DISCOVERED I rarely look closely at myself, the little dots of brown covering my arms. Ones I've never seen before. My skin is such a pretty shade of golden brown that I envy those who have it naturally.

INVITES Damien, I think that's his name, asked me out during marketing, or at least I think he did. He kept asking questions the entire time during marketing and I was mumbling, "uh-huh" Apparently that's him flirting? But lesson learned, make sure you know what they are saying. He asked me if I would go to the beach with him right after class, and thankfully Elaine had just asked me at the beginning if I would go to lunch with her. My saviour.

UNI RESIDENTS We went to Pacific fair together, me skipping regional study, and enjoying it. We laughed so hard. Three hours long went so fast, that's how easy it was. I finally have a friend to shop with, (a female I mean, to replace Liz), and I love that. Someone to help me to get a new wardrobe. She even made fun of the Chinese, herself:

(an email to Bear):
"This may be funnier in person (one of those "you had to be there" things), but I have to tell you this. Know how there's a general consensus about Chinese made products as to their quality? Well the Chinese girl was looking at a shirt at Supre and was asking where it was made (I figured China, but I looked anyway). And when I told her she actually shouted, "No! Chinese clothes are horrible, the colors run!" Don't think I've ever heard that from a Chinese person before, so I as pretty much shocked to her response and highly amused."

IM/Text/Email/Post I was gone all day until 7pm, so I didn't have time to think about Gaz and I didn't wonder once if he had emailed me. And he did, I felt so much better at that, like someone told me they loved me. I knew he would, I had no doubt, but just wondering when.

My favorite part: "
Yay! Thank god, one presentation done, yeah, I always had a buzz after finishing my speeches- even if they were bad though (probably just the stress messing with my head I suppose)."