Wednesday 19 September 2007

Entry FORTY-ONE

UNI CLASSWORK Wish Audrey wasn't stopped so I could say hello, so she knows I'm not blowing past a second time, but I think it's all okay. And what does it matter anyway? We're just friendly dormies. Well, that's a bad attitude, so it does matter.

More importantly, there was my second tute for intercultural communications, which was much better than I expected. DISCOVERED I really do know what I'm doing, I just need a smaller audience. With him, I was fine talking about my article from memory, because I didn't have twenty others listening.

The Vietamese girl, Melissa, knows more about international relations than I do and it makes me feel inferior. I don't like politics, I don't care about them, and so I don't know much about it. But do people understand? No. Regardless of feeling pretty much unintelligent, the tute went so fast with the two of us and he loved how much work I did (the readings and questions) and so that made me feel good.

On the way out he asked if we're gay after assigning an article to read about homosexuality, and I couldn't believe it. He was laughing and didn't mean it that way, but that was incredibly unprofessional...and I answered! Number one rule, don't answer at all. But I did, and I can't believe I told him no, even though it was inappropriate of him. And so, there I have it, the first and hopefully last time I will ever be asked that.

As she and I walked down the steps she initiated the talk down the slow stairway. "Do you have more classes today?" I like her. She's kind, she smiles a lot, and she speaks wonderful English.

CULTURE On the way to the dorm I passed an Indian girl with perfect English showing how much cultures blend:
"I love this stuff! I'm going to have it everyday now!" regarding Pearly Tea.

BEST FRIEND Asshole didn't email me. Pfft, whatever. I had my hopes up; it fit his pattern and I two 11:11s and lots of hiccups that morning around 9am, but apparently I was wrong.

Unrelated, but Gaz said the words "I love you as a friend" first, which is amazing. Really, it is. And I never let it sink in because of the time it happened, when we were at each other after I started it (as usual). It reminded me after seeing Klara's "I love you as a best friend because you saw something in me when no one else did," and it made me realize I have that. I have that! And so I must remember that. Especially when it takes me (now) two days to reply to an email. He loves me!

UNI CLASSWORK My stomach churned seeing my name on a powerpoint slide for tomorrow. Instinct pushed me to just happen to check the slides for regional.