Thursday 6 September 2007

Entry TWENTY-EIGHT

Traveling up north is journaled in my moleskine, but I didn't journal after I got on the plane. And so the most important thing about that were the ladies I was next to. The woman was in my seat, but I let it slide when the flight attendent asked if I wanted it (she just happened to be there and saw my ticket), and thankfully I did because the woman had an itty bitty baby in her arms. The baby was so good and the mom and I exchanged giggles at him until the landing came. He was in pain, I wasn't upset, and they both said sorry at the end. Why though? For once, a crying baby didn't bother me.

DISCOVERED How did I do this alone? I had prior knowledge of the airport, train station, and bus station, and yet I messed up (and thankfully quickly corrected myself). I should've realized years ago how wonderful I was doing if I was able to do all this for the first time. And thank you for Gaz. Thank you he was with me to do this the first time and that's how I was able to do it a second time, this time.

Getting back to Bond was an odd feeling. A German was staring at me after hearing my accent on the bus (to the driver), so I stared back. Germans are odd with staring. Then off the bus I went to speedwalk home, hoping that everything was fine (it was). So empty and I love it, except I had to do with so many Americans! On the bus and on campus! They're every fucking where. Being stupid. Saying stupid things. Acting superior. Hopefully staff workers remember I was here first.

Walking around campus was entertaining in the rain- just like when I first got here last semester. Three boys, tall. Blocking the sidewalk. I held fast and barely pushed the one of the left over. Take that!

UNI RESIDENTS My second entering into the dorm I ran into a new dormie whose name I instantly forgot. I was flustered but not nervous, because I just got home. I didn't make a good impression but I was talkative and smiley, so I think we hit it off. She even said, "hopefully we'll all get to know each other" about me and the other dormies. Hopefully that means we'll all starting talking. Maybe this is my chance? Her boyfriend even stopped in when he saw my room open (I did for her sake so I could see her again) and asked if I liked rugby (which was on TV), while wearing only a towel. Hargraves!

Then later she knocked on my door to ask if it's okay if she leaves the front door open. That's what I like: us talking.


Dinner was tricky since I was under the impression we had the week before we commenced for dinner, but the stoned guy was nice. "You were here last semester, right?" he asked. He remembers me after the few times of seeing me, but that makes me happy. The short blond was all smiles as well- very nice and warm.

IM/Text/Email Then Liz actually IMed. I knew it would lead to baby talk and it did (I was right about it being a girl). I have no feelings for her and I think she knows it. She wasn't cold, and I sort of was. I will not get attached, and it's funny- does she really want to be friends or just talk about the baby?

{Bear says boys are not suppose to admit they like flowers. His favorite flowers are the same as mine! Poppies and daisies. What the fuck? What are the chances?}