Friday 5 October 2007

Entry FIFTY-FIVE

Judith was nice, but not very forthcoming and I'm not sure why. How can someone be so nice one week and sort of cold the next? I understand she's only a worker at the Lakeside Grille, but I see her laughing with others and she usually does with me, and so that's what I find so unusual. What's a Friday without that banter? I need to stop falling alseep during the day because I woke up still exhausted along with no work completed...not that I have too much. Just worrying about these papers and presentations. Seeing Jillian with her Aussie boys and bikini is making me jealous, but that's nothing that can be changed. I'm only jealous because Gaz hasn't emailed me yet today and I want to know a boy is thinking of me.

I keep falling asleep during the day and then staying up until 4am, which is one habit I have to break real fast. Somehow though I woke up in time for my marketing meeting on Friday...which the German guy didn't bother to show up for and so it really wasn't a meeting at all. I went through a lot of these things last semester to which I discovered a lot about how this stuff works, and when I told those two some suggestions, they turned them down thinking I was being silly. So there was Elaine and me being kicked out of a group study room (I knew it was booked, but people don't believe me for some reason) and Tom not showing up (and Elaine couldn't call to ask where he was, because she thought exchanging at least email addresses was silly). We waited for twenty minutes near the front door with Arthur while we exchanged what we had written...so if he hasn't written anything yet I think I'll tell him that he's giving the presentation and we're doing the paper part. Basically it was a waste of time; and I just wanted to sleep.

And so Elaine and I went shopping instead and on the way back Jillian saw that I do have a friend and I ran into Audrey again (as well as Ivette over to the library). I love this dorm life. I see people, I talk to people, I laugh.

Mom called last night to say that she and Jess went to visit and breeder, and Jess fell in love with one of the puppies. So she got it- a male she has named Meatball....I was whining on the phone about both the sex and name, but what more can I do? And so they get it in three weeks, to which gives me a bit of time to protest that my very elderly cat should be given free reign of the house and meatball should be locked in the basement (but sadly, I know they won't listen to me). She also asked what I want for my birthday so I can get it before hand (lately it's taking eleven days to get mail from the US!), and I couldn't come up with anything, so my mom's sending me more yarn and Hershey's bars.

Really there's no time to do anything fun, or maybe it just feels like it because I'm constantly worrying about presentations. I keep telling myself that it will be great to do all the work now and only have to study for one final, but meanwhile I wish I didn't have to worry so much (I'm just one of those people who thinks too much about the same stuff). Learned in communicatin class that Americans are "blunt", "harsh", and "to the point" even compared to other English speakers which kind of confirms a lot for me in a way. I also know that on a personal level I can be really blunt because I like to know exactly what's happening and when and how and with whom, and it's hard to turn that off.

Part of me keeps saying that it was stupid to bother with a masters, because it seems like so much work, and yet it's going so fast. You know I only wanted to do my Masters so I could get an easy visa to live here again, see you, travel, eat sausages, watch rugby...I just don't like these presentations! Can you tell what I've been working on all week and weekend? These two silly things on Las Vegas (for marketing) and China (for communication).



Gareth didn't email, but knowing he did three times this week (despite me not being able to read two of them), is enough. The only reason I'm kind of freaking out inside is that I want to know his reaction to my reply to his response about coming up here! So I think he received my email fine and hopefully I will hear from him Monday. If he was looking at the Gold Coast, then he's doing it on his own already. I'll remind him as December gets closer that I want to see him.

Bear might have not emailed, but something inside of me told me to stop reading and to check the clock....to find it at 11:11pm!