Thursday 18 October 2007

Entry SIXTY-SEVEN

For the first time I'm so worried that I'm not even feeling it yet.
Why has the German fucked us over?
Why didn't I finish the presentation and paper earlier?


UNI CLASSWORK As written to Gaz: "So it's Thursday/Friday and it's the usually uni debacle. At this point I'm freaking out- the German told us yesterday that he didn't do his part and we have the paper and presentation due on Monday. Um, I was so upset (not angry, but incredibly frustrated and disappointed) that all I could do was smile. Elaine and I talked and if he doesn't have it by our meeting, then we're going to ask him to do the entire presentation while we write up his part.

Group work never works, I wish they'd stop it in these subjects. I get why they attempt to make us do it, but it almost always (there's only been two situations where it hasn't) works out that one or two people do absolutely nothing and we're picking up their slack. So hopefully Elaine and I can salvage this and then meanwhile I get to finalize my China paper and give that short (5 minute) presentation on Tuesday (all these speeches are upsetting my stomach). I'm kind of excited to get them over with, but at the same time it's really getting to me.

I was proud of myself though, because when we went to see the lecturer, I wasn't nervous (usually I shake for some reason when I'm in someone's office for the first time)."

UNI RESIDENTS After the mistake of seeing the lecturer, Elaine asked me to lunch, where we didn't talk much. When dessert came, the "cool" Brasserie worker was nice and was chatting to me about chocolate, and how she doesn't crave it. They're so nice if you give it time! I thought it was over with Elaine, but then she asked me to walk around the lake, and I knew she was worried or otherwise she would've ran off. We walked, it was pleasant, and then I sat on the end of the fountain area where she joined me. We chatted pleasantly, easily enough, and I enjoyed it. Even Ray Gordon walked by and made sure to say hello to me- professors here are really nice and remember you the next semester.

Gaz emailed, which was not expected, and it was shorter than the last. But regardless, he seems excited about his beanie!







I started knitting Gaz's beanie on Tuesday, the 16th, and I've gotten pretty far. It's difficult and takes longer since the thread is smaller, but it shouldn't be too bad since it's just a beanie. I've learned the stockinette stitch on top of how to use a circular needle...along with doing a purl stitch for the first time since I attempted a few years ago.