Saturday 20 October 2007

Entry SIXTY-NINE

Where's Bear? I miss him. I woke up and worked really hard on fixing this project, something that felt good, but my part of the presentation is still bothering me. What bothers me is being afraid of presenting the wrong stuff.

As written to Bear:
"I'm just upset...upset enough to puke and get other lovely effects. Thanks for reading that :)

Anyway, while I was working on my paper two ants bit me at once, so I got revenge! Screw being nice, it's been two weeks and they're only getting worse. So I used blu-tak and blocked their asses from coming in (and well, out...but I'll fix that problem later somehow). "

My fear of presenting the wrong stuff lead to an afternoon and thankfully fixing my mistakes, after I went back and read the book and his outline. It pays so start early, but it also means not assuming you're finished and that you did the correct thing. I feel better, but I'm still stressed and nervous. And I want to talk to Bear, but he's missing. I even went off on Elaine who called (she does this: emails me, doesn't hear from me in ten minutes, it eats at her, and then she texts me to call her...instead of her just calling me!). She was accusing me of being wrong, so I was like, fuck Chinese culture. I went off on her. I told her how I'm tired of fixing mistakes, how I've been doing this for five years and never seen her referencing, and how I have to do my other presentation just like she has to study. Funnily enough, it didn't make her made. She felt better by the end of the call.

After a day of working and hiding because Jillian and Matt were outside (as always around 5:30, learn that Jen!), I went to get dinner to go first by a boy even though he was first, make James smile and roll his eyes ("Perfect!" I said after he took his time to nicely wrap my dinner), and have a girl make a point of opening the door for me. Aw!