Tuesday 2 October 2007

Entry FIFTY-TWO

Someone's watch beeped at 11:11 and I made a wish, just in time.
Came home to find no email from him.
Story of my life, why do I bother?

UNI CLASSWORK Melissa chose America and I chose Vietnam when we had to choose an opposing country, making me think we enjoy each other's company. Silly, I know, but I want to try to befriend her. Class itself is pointless in that he just reads from books and sheets of paper, as if he really doesn't know what he's doing, going from here to there with no real order. It seems like a waste of my time, and I'm not really learning much.

UNI RESIDENTS Melissa thankfully sat next to me again, so I didn't feel alone and I knew I had someone if we did something. No one wants to be alone, especially me, and I want to befriend her even if it's temporary. She's Vietnamese, very friendly, and likes to talk to me; so why not hope? There are just too many cliques and I want to feel like I belong as well. On the way out she said bye to me and that made me happy, of course. She took the time to do so.

Annabelle. She's the Aussie I thought was being pissy during my presentation and the one who said "see ya" randomly afterwards. We met going down the steps and she made the first move. Talking about him and stopping at the bottom of the steps to continue. I want to be her friend. I do, I need an Aussie friend. She makes me feel "cool".

Lunch. The bitchy blond and I had a nice chat about how she likes the eggplant as well.

"Ivette" doesn't talk any more and I'm not sure why, because she used to last semester. She says hi and smiles, but doesn't want to talk. What did I do? I won't let it worry me because it was always Audrey I enjoyed and who was really nice.

But there's Jillian with her drove of Aussie boys, and I'm jealous she did that since day one. I was able in Hargraves, but not here, and so would I really want that again? Part of me says yes, but part of me says I don't have the energy or personality any more.

IM/Text/Email/Post 12:50 I found the email even though it was sent 12:31. "Walked past the travel agency, Brisbane/Gold Coast $125...think I might see when the next possible time is (probably a while away knowing my luck). Hobart, Hobart, Hobart! (Or Melbourne I suppose, either or. Ah, sounds like a chance to run away from Canberra, and this new responsibility thing and never look back! That idea sounds so tempting, so, so tempting."

And "Still no sleep, we should find a sleep therapist's somewhere, where thay play storm noises and stuff while you sleep."

And "All the computers at the library are down so I've had to comne to the camera shop instead."

Does that mean he's been thinking about what we both said about him coming up here without me knowing? He was "walking past" and happened to look it up? I find that cute and thrilling. I danced and listened to music and jumped around, giddy and giggly. And he wants to go Hobart more, like I knew, but I find it interesting and great how he expressed interest and yet let me know he doesn't have the money yet. So that means he wants to come up here first??

He went to the camera shop and paid to email me; I love him.