Monday 15 October 2007

Entry SIXTY-FIVE

IM/Text/Email/Post/Call Quarter til eight am and I saw "private no." flashing, instantly thinking it was mom, only to pick up be careful if not, and be semi-shocked it was Gaz to the point I didn't recognize it was him. "Happy Birthday!" he told me and he went on how he remembered this year, and later to say that he remembered last year but he was paranoid whether it was the forteenth or fifteenth. I was still surprised and so the conversation must've been weird to him at first, until I got out of the restraints of my room to the outside circle, where I sat and didn't care who saw me since I was cool and talking to my best friend. I started laughing a lot once I got outside and I noticed how he kept asking questions, so unlike him per our phone conversations back when I was at home. It must be the Canberra-love, how he suddenly started dominating the conversation and how much I loved how he took control for once, taking pressure off of me. Three hours! We haven't done that since...well, have we ever gotten that close? I know over two hours for sure, but maybe we did three hours back when we first parted or the time I wanted to tell him I loved him, but I was stalling. It was beautiful, fullfilling, put a skip in my step, made my day, and nothing could hurt me. I only hoped it was the same for him. There were moments where it slowed a bit and we weren't as enthusiastic, but he kept it going and even kept asking questions to my surprise. In the old I would be the one rambling and so for this, it was satisfying. Three hours! He had to go to the bathroom a second time, so we let each other go. I was just so excited.

To think of it: I didn't even call him on his this year, only the last, and here he is calling ME. He could've just emailed, but he's a TRUE friend.

While he was on the phone, out of no where I got the idea for him to choose the salad I would order, which ended up being a nice birthday treat from him, sort of like a gift. The chef in him is so good. While I was sitting there I didn't see James until it was too late and when the woman called, "Jennifer" James gave me his sneaky look, but I don't know why? What did I do? Was he flirting? He couldn't have been upset at me.

Jenny decorated my door, which was great, so that way my dormies knew it was my birthday. Althought I later ran into Jillian who didn't stop to talk, but smiled and looked at me nicely with a "Hey!".

IM/Text/Email/Post Bear seemed excited I was sending him his cheese, and when I went to buy the box for it, I found my first postcrossing postcard.

Besides a run in with the quirky-remarkable-talkable Ashnita, my birthday was uneventful after Gareth. Meh, it's no Hargraves, but Gaz stepped it up big time!