Wednesday 24 October 2007

Entry SEVENTY-THREE

Why is conversation with Peter Meggitt so easy?
And why can't Melissa and I get further?

IM/Text/Email/Post/Call 18 minutes after he sent it, I found his email. I wasn't expecting one because I got a little snarky about him not being there for me to call (in other words, how Sam knew he was in Orange and I didn't) and then about how I'm going to New Zealand (since he got to see Sam-- who did come to him --and he hasn't said anything about seeing me).

UNI RESIDENTS She sat right next to me and we talked a bit before she got her paper and she got distracted. Her English is excellent but I don't know how to get beyond to more personal things.

Lunch was nice; I have to continue where I left off with being friendly with the short blond who tends to trip me up at times, asking if I want a cup, and I don't expect it since the others always give me one. I had my first short conversation with the curly red-head about weird combinations and I want to do that with others; but not all of them recognize me or have a sense of humor.

BUDDHISM I hope it doesn't reflect badly on homosexuality? I know Catholicism does, and I don't listen, but can I switch over if it does? But why Buddhism? I never was happy with being catholic after I got out of St. Williams. I hated church. Nuns were mean and strict. Women were taught to be nothing. We didn't have rights I believed in. I first considered Buddhism after Lisa from the Simpsons joined (silly, but I loved the easy going beliefs depicted) and after Ellis taught it in our Intercultural class last year, but it wasn't until now that I've really done it. After seeing people online practising, I realized that I have similar ways already. I believe everything happens for a reason. Yoga calms me. It just seemed to fit. That and I want to try something new, be different, seem different. I want to go home feeling new.