Saturday 8 March 2008

Entry TWO-HUNDRED-EIGHT

I waited for either Arthur or my group to text, but no one did. And on the way to the library before it closed I heard that annoying, "JEN!" from Arthur. Where he draws it out, and I joked that he didn't call me. Apparently he spent all day working on his assignment and felt too busy to text me for his own benefit. I told him how I had already done half of mine, but can show him how to do it, and he made a time with me...only to back down on his two minutes later. It's for his benefit, so I shouldn't care at all.

The brasserie. I walked in and Mike was walking the opposite. Do I say hi? Play it off? I don't even remember who said it first. We're not exactly close friends, just acquaintances, and I don't want to come off as a flirt, so it's always questionable. In the end he asked how I was and we were smiling, but both of us were acting awkward.

What I was going to write to Gaz and decided not to include because he wouldn't appreciate it:
"The Cleveland Cavs were actually on your news. I mean, *Cleveland* sports on *National Aussie* news? How weird. I finally finished There Will Be Blood and I did the usual IMDB thing I do where I have to check the trivia and boards. I found this: "Father was a local celebrity in Cleveland, where he hosted horror shows using the name Ghoulardi" (I didn't know Ghoulardi had a Hollywood son). So there's just weird stuff I'm finding out about home, without looking for it...

Then I found this site and was a little put off by the satire of "stuff white people like" until I read the part about studying in Australia. Then I couldn't stop laughing: this"