Tuesday 25 March 2008

Entry TWO-HUNDRED-TWENTY-FIVE

On my way to International Trade I ran into Pam, a friend of Arthur's, whom I met through Arthur one day in the library. She's snobby, one of those snotty Americans here. And so she looked at me and I couldn't just ignore her, so I said hello, and she followed me into IT asking what I was doing. Not nicely, but abruptly, and knowing her I just ignored it.

She said, "Not to scare you, but International Finance is hard" and so I told her snottingly back, "I was fine with my undergrad." This is after she asked me for the second time how I got out of Fundamentals Finance. I can't stand people who don't remember the first time around.

Finally she asked if I like Bond with this obvious distaste on her face and I told her the truth, that I hate it. The people, the professors, the admin. It's like a backwaters uni. And she agreed and told me, "We'll talk later, hun" after her friend came.

The best thing to come out of it? The "hun" part since I love the petnames from people.

About halfway May and I stopped having the awkward conversations and now we're doing fine. In fact, she's remembering to always ask me about how my group is going. And when I told her the lastest tale, she laughed and said, "You're in our group for Entrepreneurship then" and I couldn't hide my excitement. I love being included.