Saturday 22 March 2008

Entry TWO-HUNDRED-TWENTY-TWO

GREAT PLEASURES Arthur just happened to find me in the library shortly after it opened and I heard that famous, "Jennnnn!" from him. It was perfect timing really. And following him, an hour later, was Stephen who brought more pleasure to it by hugging me after joking about sexual harassment. This is the second Aussie to hug me that way- as if choking, but caressing, and it's soothing. Just like Tim, the Aussie from Bungie 2 did last semester when flirting with me. Now, Stephen's double my age, but we are just friends. Enough said. I haven't laughed so hard in so long, that I was trying to catch my breath and my face was red.

Another great pleasure? Being in a tall building and looking down on the rest of the world, which is why I want to go to the Q1 building in Surfers after learning it's the tallest residential building. But this is something I also discovered a few months back after flying home from Gaz's place: the thrill of a plane ride. Don't think of it just as transport, but also as a ride, as a thrill It's literally being on top of the world and for a few hours (or more) you get to have the ultimate amusement ride and watch people get bigger and smaller. You get to ride through clouds after staring at them most of your life. You get to be larger than it all.

UNI RESIDENTS & YING Ines was actually on time for our observation, then came Ying ten minutes later. She's pissy all the time, and has been this entire semester. But it's to the point that I don't care at all (since I didn't care much before) and I find her very annoying. I'm hoping that next semester I won't have to deal with her and that she takes strategy instead of Entrepreneurship. It's just that she's too annoying and lacks commonsense ("They are all driving here, so they must live far away." "No, they're just lazy. It's a cultural thing. Like you guys don't drive everywhere in China, but they do here" and the other two agreed). It's just too easy to correct her, not that I'm bringing her down on purpose, but she has to realize that she doesn't know it all.

Regardless of how irritating she is, I have to stop with her. I have to stop thinking of her as a friend, and strictly as another girl, and that will stop the badness from both sides.

CULTURE We all parted and thankfully Ying went opposite with Ines and Shivang went with me. What I like about Shivang is that he may be a pleaser and smile and do whatever it takes to get his way (He is Indian) but it still makes you feel good. He gave me a really cheerful, "See ya!" as we parted on the boardwalk.

LIFE HERE This is what I like about uni life: you can run into friends and be exceptionally social. I ran into Arthur in the labs, without even trying, and so we had a fun hour and a half. On the way out I walked in the rain with happiness and carefree-ness, eating chips which satisfied my hunger for junk food. It was bliss. I was so satisfied after that.



.