Thursday 6 March 2008

Entry TWO-HUNDRED-SIX

Should I talk about only the most important or go through everything? I'm never sure which way is best. Because really, do I ever look back at these things? Very rarely, if ever. But today was Thursday, meaning I had a tute in the morning and then I had my usual marketing meeting right afterwards.

UNI RESIDENTS on the way out I ran into Jillian who got me smiling by saying hi cheerfully and wanting to talk. It's becoming easy with her and seeing a smile makes me skip along. Maybe it's the acceptance? The socializing?

UNI CLASSWORK got to class knowing I didn't do my homework, nor did I want my midterm back, but I went there happily and chatted easily as usual with those classmates. Saying hi when they walked in, getting a great smile from the German, and chatting up the two girlies (Ash and May). And once class started I felt bad that he sadly sat there waiting for us to talk, but almost everyone did (except Ash). And I even answered three times, twice on my own. The first time he called on me I was the first to be correct and he was excited. Even May didn't know what she was doing and supposedly she's one of the smartest people there.

The third time I answered was the best part. He was so excited that he turned toward me and my mouth kept blabbering out as he smiled and got excited. I've never talked so much in a class before and it felt great. Obviously I was the only one who read the case study and it felt great to help him out.

I just hope he doesn't get fired. He's intelligent but a horrible teacher. That's why I felt so obligated to answer so many questions.

Before our meeting I went to the library to see Arthur to discuss when we were meeting to do our stats homework. And as we were standing there I noticed May and Ying in the printing room, behind us, only to have May come over and interrupt us. Started talking to Arthur and I joined in, as if I didn't notice Ying walk up since she didn't say anything herself.

Eventually Ying broke in and took over May, so I talked to Arthur as we looked at his brother's website. And as we looked at it, May was leaving and made a point to say goodbye to us as I went back to Arthur. "Jen, our meeting?" that ugly, annoying accent went. "Yeah," I said and turned back to Arthur. As if I'll give you attention now.

LITTLE PLEASURES 12:01 I walked outside and ran into Ines just in time and excited talked to her as Ying came and then Shivang. A little pleasure was waving excitedly to Ines who reciprocated.

Inside we went. Now the fun started. Shivang and Ines are wearing thin with Ying. She questions you to death, acts like she knows it more than you (even if it's something personal about you), and doesn't stop. She drives you mad. And I could see it on their faces.

In fact, we went unannounced to Fish Liquor since Ying went herself without telling us to get an interview, and we had to go back. First, I'm amazed at her willingness to do it on her own and not be afraid. Second, I'm amazed at her lack of common sense. You don't just drop in and question people. But he was an Aussie bloke and didn't seem to mind.

That's when Ines and Shivang got especially pissed at Ying, just like I have these two semesters. She lacks common sense. She thinks differently. As we parted ways, it was me with those two as Ying went else where and all three of us simultaneously started bitching about her. This and that. It didn't stop until we had to each go our own way.

At least I'm not alone. At least someone else finally gets what I mean about her. She's ridiculous.

The best part of the day was going to the Brasserie and finally chatting with the cute blonde Aussie Bra worker who smiled and laughed. All I did was joke at my mistake of giving me the wrong coloured ticket. It made me feel so beautiful inside.