Wednesday 5 March 2008

Entry TWO-HUNDRED-FIVE

After our tutorial, in which I saw Ying look at me out of the corner of my eye as I left without acknowledging her, Arthur asked me to go to the postgrad drinks. So time comes around, Stephen calls, and I'm walking over with him so we can wait for Arthur to finish his exam. We stood there talking easily for almost forty minutes about this and that, etc, and how I should apply for a visa here since it will do be good down the road to have two citizenships.

Arthur finished, we walked over, and it was only twenty minutes left until postgrad drinks was over. Me being scared, as always, didn't want to bother but those two acted like they belonged and it was their right and got in without paying. In fact, I stood back until they coaxed me.

The German, the cute one I have a silly crush on, was outside and Stephen went right to him to talk. He has amazing skills like that. Barely knows him and can just talk and keep it going without any awkward pauses. And so when he did I stood near and eventually they moved closer while the German kept including me.

Eventually we were inside and Stephen was sitting right there, keeping in mind that he's married and like a father to me, but he still acts like a 25 year old boy. He kept hugging and joking, being really loud. I felt semi-intelligent being able to talk about visas and booming economies and the election. Usually I'm not that news worthy intelligent.

Kept hugging and so close.

On the way back I said "footpath" and Stephen said, "Footpath? You've been here too long!"

And once in the bungie Stephen was talking about Gaz for about thirty minutes. He said I love conflict, and that Gaz takes it, which is why I nitpick and fight and we never part. He said that I have to keep my eyes open meanwhile. And that Gaz is just needy and wants it, which is why he doesn't come but wants me to come.

The best part? We were loud enough that Jillian heard and knew I wasn't a loser. It made me feel good to have friends there and to talk about my personal life so she knew.